Variety Show – Mark your calendars! Our annual Variety Show will be Thursday, January 18! 3rd-5th Grade students are invited to perform. If your student is interested in auditioning, they must complete an application by this Friday, Dec. 15. Other important dates: Auditions – Tuesday, Jan. 9, Dress Rehearsal – Tuesday, Jan. 16. For more information, please read the following information put together by our Variety Show Co-Chairs: Variety Show Letter (English), Variety Show Letter (Spanish).
- Mild (45-55 degrees): Lightweight Coat & Hat
- Moderate (35-44 degrees): Heavy Coat, Hat, Gloves or Mittens, Closed-Toe Shoes, and Scarf (optional)
- Cold (32-34 degrees): Heavy Coat, Hat, Gloves or Mittens, Closed-Toe Shoes, and Scarf (optional)
- Freezing (32 degrees or lower): Principal decision regarding outside activity
- Snow: Heavy Coat, Hat, Gloves or Mittens, Closed-Toe Shoes, and Scarf (optional)
- Soggy, Wet Conditions: Coat, Closed-Toe Shoes
- Definite Rain, Sleet, or Hail: Students will stay inside
EL Education – Did you know that all of 3rd Grade has been using a new Writing Curriculum this year? Word is that it is very strenuous, but is producing amazing result for our students! Please click hear to learn more about EL Education AND how you can help your student!
Girls on the Run – Girls on the Run will be returning to Brooks in the Spring. The season will run Tuesdays and Thursdays (4:00-5:15PM), Feb. 5 – May 3, culminating with the Girls on the Run 5K on April 28 at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham. Registration opens Jan. 5th at 10:00AM. For more information, please click here to view the GOTR Spring Season Informational Flyer.
READVOLUTION with the Carolina Hurricanes – Students: Read daily for 20 minutes Monday-Friday to win a free ticket voucher to a home Hurricanes hockey game! Parents, make sure to log your student’s minutes! For more info – Strategic Plan Vision 2020 and Introducing Readvolution.
Yearbook – It’s never too early to start sending in pictures for this year’s Yearbook. The email links for each class have been posted. If you are at school or on a field trip and capture some great photos, please send email them directly to the email address that corresponds to your class or event. Thank you so much for your help in ensuring an accurate representation of our entire school!
Visit the CALENDAR page for event details.